Chapter 4 section of the student website
- Jon Oliver's rant about inaccuracies in media reports of scientific studies (20 minute video)
- watch this 11-min TED video by Molly Crockett titled "Beware neuro-bunk."
- watch this 4-min Youtube video by Gerd Gigerenzer giving one powerful example of the bad consequences of relying on secondhand reporting of research
- find out about myths about physical and mental illnesses by looking at the results of meta-analyses at cochrane.org
- explore some psychological myths
DeLoache, J. S., Miller, K. F., & Rosengren, S. (1997). The credible shrinking room: Very young children's
performance with symbolic and nonsymbolic relations. Psychological Science, 8, 308-313