PERCEPTION: THE BUSINESS OF CREATING MEANING
By now, you should be able to:
- Explain how perception is both more and less than sensation.
- Explain what the Gestalt psychologists meant by the term "gestalt."
- Explain why the phi phenomenon was considered proof of the gestalt position.
- List four important implications of the fact that perceptual hypotheses can
lead to perceptual set.
- List and give examples of four of the Gestalt Laws of Grouping.
- Explain how Helson's adaptation level can be used to increase your happiness.
Listening to this
should give you a hint.
- Study this concept map and then do the related action maze.
- Do well on this practice quiz.
- Review this
glossary of terms related to perception.
Back to Perception Menu
Back to General Psychology Lectures Menu